Thursday, December 3, 2009

OFW in Saudi set to be beheaded, cries for help

OFWs CONSTITUTE A CURSE FROM GOD, SAYS THE BIBLE: Ever since I started reading the Bible, I came to know that, according to its Deuteronomy 28:32 and 41, the millions and millions of Filipinos who work and try to find a living abroad and who are now known as “overseas Filipino workers” or OFWs, actually represent a curse from God, a punishment for our collective repudiation of His Word.

Though they prop up the Philippine economy because of their billions of dollars in remittances year in and year out, OFWs are called by God, through Moses, as “curses that will come upon you and overtake you...” (Deuteronomy 28:32, 41, in relation to Deuteronomy 28:15).

I myself did not easily accept this Biblical classification of our OFWs at first, but then, when I took a closer look at what has happened to many of them, I came to the realization that, indeed, OFWs represent a curse from God which is designed to destroy us all.

-ooo-

OFW IN SAUDI SET TO BE BEHEADED: Take the case of OFW Rodelio Dondon Lanuza, who I came to be acquainted with through the social networking site “Facebook” just the other day.

I learned that Dondon is right now detained (for the last nine years) in Dammam Central Jail in Saudi Arabia, waiting to be beheaded after he was found guilty by a Saudi Arabian court of having murdered an Arab, even if he only acted in self-defense.

Feeling rejected even by his closest family members and friends who, it seems, already lost all interest to help him after assisting him for the last nine years, he is crying out for the government to help him and his children.

He emailed me copies of his letters, which all contain his appeal for help, and which I am reproducing in this column, unedited, in the hope that they may reach the people God may have assigned to help him. Here is the first part of one of his letters:

-ooo-

APPEAL FOR HELP AIRED: “Dear Sir / Ma'am, I’m really so sorry for disturbance...I would like to request from your kindness some Financial Assistance which im having difficulty of soliciting from others...

“I have been confined here in Dammam Central Jail since August year 2000 and my resources has all turned their backs on me even my Family, closest and considered friends which has helped me for the past years...

“I decided to appeal to you to as a Brother to facilitate my needs and at the same time to help me and my wife support and finance the Welfare and Education of our Two Kids...I’m so ashamed to approach and beg you but I do not have any choice at these trying times of ours, our present predicament...

“Your kind help and utmost attention regarding this matter would reallybe highly appreciated...May Almighty God continue to bless you and your family...Brotherly, Rodelio Don2 Lanuza, OFW on KSA Deathrow +966530049153 Donlanuza@gmail.comDonlanuza@yahoo.com...”

We will publish the other letters of Rodel in our subsequent issues, but I hope Sen. Manny Villar, Sen. Loren Legarda, and all others who have been generous to OFWs in the past will do something about this...

-ooo-

LUMINOUS MYSTERIES START WITH BAPTISM OF JESUS: After the Joyful Mysteries of the Holy Rosary of the Roman Catholic Christians, the Mysteries of Light, or the so-called Luminous Mysteries, come next, to narrate another aspect of the life of Jesus Christ starting from His baptism to the Institution of the Holy Eucharist at the Last Supper.

Significantly, the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all contain an account of the baptism of Jesus Christ. In Matthew, we find the story in its Chapter 3, verses 13 to 17. In Mark, we find it in its Chapter 1, verses 9 to 13, while in Luke, the event is narrated in its Chapter 3, verses 21 to 22.

In John, the story is found in its Chapter 1, verses 29 to 34, although this account is not as specific about baptism as was written in Matthew, Mark and Luke.

Be that as it may, the baptism of Jesus, performed by His cousin, John the Baptist at the Jordan River, continues to be a confirmation of Jesus’ divinity, and of His status as the Son of God.

In all the Gospels, the story is told that after He was baptized, the heavens parted and the Holy Spirit descended upon Jesus like a dove and lightning, with a voice from heaven saying “This is my son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Surely, in all history, there is no other person or being in this world whom God called as His Son, whom He loves and with whom He is well pleased except Jesus.

-ooo-

BATAS INTERNET RADIO: Please listen to BATAS INTERNET RADIO through four websites: www.batasradio.com, www.kakampimoangbatas.ning.com, www.batasmauricio.com, and www.eradioportal.com. We go on the air 20 hours a day, from 4 am to 12 midnight, Mondays to Fridays.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment