Sunday, December 27, 2009

The power of asking, in Jesus’ name!

“IF YE SHALL ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME...”: Pastor Paul Waldmiller of New York, USA, is a blessing of magnificent proportions to me and to BATAS INTERNET RADIO and BATAS INTERNET TV, not only because he diligently broadcasts daily in his 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. program “The Gospel Hour with Pastor Paul Waldmiller” even if he is not paid anything, but also because of the many inspiring thoughts he showers me and his listeners with.

On December 25, 2009, Christmas day, he sent me an email written by his friend, Emma Okorie, entitled “If Ye Shall Ask Anything in My Name.” It contains a simple yet very powerful message and I would like to share it with my readers in full, even if I have to publish it in several instalments once again.

Here is the first part of the email, partially edited, by Emma Okorie: “Lying on my bed in Baltimore, Maryland, USA, a few weeks ago and pondering over mountainous challenges standing before us as a ministry, God stuck this one scripture in my heart.

“ `Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it” (John 14:12-14).

-ooo-

BELIEVERS OF JESUS HAVE DELEGATED AUTHORITY TO DO MIRACLES: “As a habit, I do not walk by sight; I walk by faith. This is easier said than done when the mountains are extraordinary; when sickness, poverty and obstacles are overwhelming. Instructively, Jesus Christ, son of the living God, speaking to his disciples, said, `He that believeth in me, the work that I do shall he do also…’

“Faith and belief in Jesus have the unfailing potential to increase miracle level and transform entire lives. We shall do greater works because Jesus has given us delegated authority while going to his Father.

“As we do the works that Jesus did, whatsoever we ask in His name shall be done. In childlike belief, whatsoever we ask in the name of Jesus we shall receive.

“John 15:7-8 says `If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.”

“A child of God, abiding in the Lord and His works abiding in Him, shall ask what he will and it shall be done unto him. Tell me, when you come to the presence of God in prayer, what is your real thinking? What actuates you?

-ooo-

ASK AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN TO YOU: “Money is a legal tender but the name of Jesus is a greater legal tender. Your faith in Christ is the most effective legal tender, more powerful than all currencies in the world put together. As long as you bear fruit and multiply the kingdom of our dear Father, you will ask and receive.

“Matthew 21:22 says, `And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.’ Never be despondent, never lose hope. Ask and it shall be given to you. Deep down your heart, you may think that you are not worthy to ask but God does not exclude you for whosoever asks receives.

“If man is not so wicked as to feed his hungry child with stones and snakes, is it God that will not give freely of all things to His children? How much more will Jesus answer your petitions and hear your cries.

“ Friends, let faith arise and let the enemies be scattered. There are several examples in scripture where people asked and received. They all asked in faith, not doubting in the least.

“We need to develop this kind of faith and confidence by a growing closeness with God. This is what makes the difference. When we find this key there is nothing we cannot receive from God...”

More of Emma Okorie’s emailed article coming up, so stay tuned, folks!

-ooo-

THE TRANSFIGURATION OF JESUS: In the life of Jesus, there are two incidents which are recounted in the Bible where God Himself confirms, directly and in no uncertain terms, that Jesus is, indeed, the Son of God.

The first incident is the baptism of Jesus at the River Jordan, and the second incident is the so-called “Transfiguration” on top of the mountain. In these two incidents, God announces, in the full view and hearing of many people: “This is my son, whom I am well pleased, whom I have chosen, listen to him.”

The “Transfiguration” now forms part of the Holy Rosary of the Roman Catholic Christians as its fourth mystery in its Mysteries of Light (or Luminous Mysteries), and is found in the Gospels of Matthew (17:1 to 13), Mark (9:2 to 13) and Luke (9:28 to 36).

Why is the Transfiguration an important part of Jesus’ life, aside from the fact that it is an event that, like other parts of the Bible pertaining to Him, confirms His divine status as the Son of God?

It is important because the narrations of the event by Matthew, Mark and Luke indicate, with precise uniformity, that there is a “connection”, as it were, between Jesus and the prophets of old, especially the important ones like Moses and Elijah, which connection on the other hand shows the continuity of God’s directions for the salvation of man.

-ooo-

BATAS INTERNET RADIO, BATAS INTERNET TV: Please listen to BATAS INTERNET RADIO through the website www.batasradio.com (click BatasRadio.com). We go on the air 24 hours a day, Mondays to Fridays. Also, watch BATAS INTERNET TV, also at www.batasradio.com (click BatasITV).

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment